The conference will start at 17.00 on Tuesday 2 September 2008 with the opening session.
The regular sessions will start at 9.00 on Wednesday 3 September 2008.
The conference will officially close at 16.00 on Friday 5 September 2008.
The registration desk will be open 15.00-19.00 Tuesday, 8.15-17.00 on Wednesday to Thursday and 8.30-15.30 on Friday.
The presentation time for contributed papers is 12 minutes, followed by 3 minutes for questions.
Presentations will only be possible using data projectors (not OHP or 35mm slides).
There are two ways to deliver your presentation at CST 2008 & ECT 2008:
- Prepare a PDF or Powerpoint presentation and take it with you on a USB memory stick. Presentation PCs and projectors will be available in each room. You will have the opportunity to copy your presentation onto the presentation PC during the brake immediately preceding each session. Alternatively you can run your presentation directly from the memory stick.
- Bring your own laptop and connect it to the projector in the presentation room. But please note that the delays from connecting your laptop and setting up may shorten your presentation time.
Please note that there will be NO 35mm slide projectors and NO overhead transparency projectors. Only PC-based presentations are allowed.
If you wish to make use of the presentation PCs provided by the conference organisation, please read the following instructions carefully:
- The presentation PCs will have the Windows XP (sp3) operating system. They will have Microsoft Powerpoint 2003 and Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 installed. If you use Powerpoint 2007, please remember to save your presentation in the legacy 2003 format.
- The presentation PCs are not networked and do not have access to the internet.
- The video projectors have a resolution of 1027*768 (XGA). Please take this into account when designing your presentation.
- To avoid incompatibilities, please use only default fonts (times new roman, arial, tahoma, etc.) or embed all fonts (see the powerpoint/acrobat help system for instructions).
- Please make sure all media objects in your presentation are embedded and not linked.
- If you use videos in your presentation, please check which codec was used to create the video file. Only standard video codecs (e.g. Cinepak, MPEG4, DivX, Intel Indeo 5.1) will be installed. Please test your presentation on a different computer that is not part of your immediate workgroup and that does not have your specialized software installed to ensure that your videos works properly.
- While image files are usually embedded in a presentation, videos are not. Please include your videos on the memory stick. Put videos in the same directory as the presentation. Do not use subdirectories.
If you wish to make a computer presentation that is not PDF or Powerpoint, you are advised to bring your own laptop to the conference. Please note that there may be delays because you will have to swap video cables. Please make sure you know how to switch your laptop into external display-mode. Your presentation time may be shortened as a result of this delay.
If you have any questions regarding these presentation facilities, please contact production AT civil-comp.com
||Athenaeum Intercontinental Hotel
89-93 Syngrou Avenue
Tel: +30 210 9206000
Fax: +30 210 9206500
For further information about this hotel, including special room rates and a booking form, please see the hotel page
Athens' International Airport (Eleftherios Venizelos) (airport code ATH) can be reached by direct flights from all over the world. The venue is 36km from the airport. A one-way taxi charge would be around 25 Euros, and will take approximately one hour. Useful information about arriving at Athens airport can be found here
. Alternatively you can travel by train. The Kasomouli Station is 300m away from the front door of the venue.