The conference opening and plenary session will start at 17.00 on Tuesday 14 September 2010.
The regular sessions will start at 8.30 on Wednesday 15 September 2010.
The conference will officially close at 13.00 on Friday 17 September 2010.
The registration desk will be open 15.00-19.00 Tuesday, 8.00-18.00 on Wednesday to Thursday and 8.30-13.30 on Friday.
The presentation time for contributed papers is 12 minutes, followed by 3 minutes for questions.
The presentation time for invited lectures is 25 minutes, followed by 5 minutes for questions. Presentations will only be possible using the provided computers and data projectors (not OHP or 35mm slides).
There are two ways to deliver your presentation at CST2010 & ECT2010:
- Prepare a PDF or Powerpoint presentation and take it with you on a USB memory stick. Presentation laptops and projectors will be available in each room. You will have the opportunity to copy your presentation onto the presentation laptop during the break immediately preceding each session. Alternatively you can run your presentation directly from the memory stick.
- Bring your own laptop and connect it to the projector in the presentation room. But please note that the delays from connecting your laptop and setting up may shorten your presentation time.
If you wish to make use of the presentation laptops provided by the conference organisation, please read the following instructions carefully:
- The presentation laptops are not networked and do not have access to the internet.
- To avoid incompatibilities, please use only default fonts (times new roman, arial, tahoma, etc.) or embed all fonts (see the powerpoint/acrobat help system for instructions).
- Please make sure all media objects in your presentation are embedded and not linked.
- If you use videos in your presentation, please check which codec was used to create the video file. Only standard video codecs will be installed. Please test your presentation on a different computer that is not part of your immediate workgroup and that does not have your specialized software installed to ensure that your videos work properly. If in doubt please bring your own laptop.
- While image files are usually embedded in a presentation, videos are not. Please include your videos on the memory stick. Put videos in the same directory as the presentation. Do not use subdirectories.
If you wish to make a computer presentation that is not PDF or Powerpoint, you are advised to bring your own laptop to the conference. Please note that there may be delays because you will have to swap video cables. Please make sure you know how to switch your laptop into external display-mode. Your presentation time may be shortened as a result of this delay.
If you have any questions regarding these presentation facilities, please contact production AT civil-comp.com
||Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Camino de Vera s/n
The conference will be using buildings 6G (the Nexus building) and 7B (ETSID, School of Dewsign Engineering) at the UPV campus. The conference opening and registration desk will be located in building 6G.
For full information on how to get to the UPV campus, please refer to the UPV travel information webpages
(IATA: VLC, ICAO: LEVC) is located in the nearby town of Manises, about 8 km away from the city. Flights arriving from major Spanish and European cities land there. Furthermore, Valencia connects with destinations all over the world through Madrid and Barcelona.
From the airport you can take a taxi or a bus.