To encourage young researchers to attend the conference two 500 Euro Young Researcher Best Paper Prizes will be awarded to the best
papers presented at the conference in the categories: (1) engineering and (2) mathematics or computer science. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully to confirm eligibility for this competition.
The following terms and conditions apply to this competition. Failure to comply with any of the following rules,
will automatically lead to disqualification from the competition.
- There are two prizes of 500 Euro each.
- There is one prize for the category "engineering" and one prize for the category "mathematics or computer science".
- The prize is awarded to the first named author of the best paper in each category as judged by the jury.
- The first named author has to apply to be considered for the prize using an application form, which can be downloaded below.
- The application form has to be fully completed and signed by the applicant.
- The application form has to be included with the submission package and therefore submitted at the same time as the full paper and summary. Applications submitted later cannot be accepted.
- The paper has to be submitted within the submission deadline as communicated by the editor at the time of abstract acceptance. One deadline extension may be permitted by special request to the production department (production AT civil-comp DOT com).
- The paper has to comply with all instructions regarding formatting, paper length, summary length, and submission requirements. The proceedings production department reserves the right to disqualify a paper if it deems that formatting and submission instructions have not been properly followed.
- The first named author has to be the corresponding author for the paper. Changes in corresponding author between the abstract stage and the full paper stage are allowed.
- The first named author also has to be the presenting author for the paper.
- The first named author has to register for the conference and pay the applicable author registration fee before the author registration deadline. Special package registrations are permitted.
- The first named author has to be 35 years of age or younger on 24 March 2015.
- Each author can only submit one paper for the competitions. A second paper may be submitted for the conference, but only one paper can be considered for the competitions.
- The jury consists of the Conference Editors and a number of members of the Conference Editorial Board. The decision of the Conference Editors is final.
- If a winning author is resident in the United Kingdom, the prize will be paid by UK cheque. Otherwise the prize will be paid by international bank transfer.
- A certificate will be presented to the winner.
- The prizes are awarded during the opening session. Applicants for the prize must attend the opening session of the conference in order to receive their prize if they are selected.
- The winning authors should submit an extended version of their paper for publication in the journal special issues after the conference.