To encourage young researchers to attend the conference a 1000 Euro Young Researcher Best Paper Prize will be awarded to the best
paper presented at the conference. Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully to confirm eligibility for this competition.
The following terms and conditions apply to this competition. Failure to comply with any of the following rules,
will automatically lead to disqualification from the competition.
- There is one prize of 1000 Euro.
- The prize is awarded to the first named author of the best paper as judged by the jury.
- The prize is awarded for contributed papers only. Lecturers are not eligible.
- The first named author has to apply to be considered for the prize using an application form, which can be downloaded below.
- The application form has to be fully completed and signed by the applicant.
- The application form has to be included with the submission upload and therefore submitted at the same time as the full paper, title block and copyright form. Applications submitted later cannot be accepted.
- The paper has to be submitted within the submission deadline as communicated by Civil-Comp Press shortly after the abstract acceptance (by the Editor). One deadline extension may be permitted by special request to the production department (conf AT civil-comp DOT com).
- The paper has to comply with all instructions regarding formatting, paper length, summary length, and submission requirements. The proceedings production department reserves the right to disqualify a paper if it deems that formatting and submission instructions have not been properly followed.
- The first named author has to be the corresponding author for the paper. Changes in corresponding author between the abstract stage and the full paper stage are allowed.
- The first named author also has to be the presenting author for the paper.
- The first named author has to register for the conference and pay the applicable author registration fee before the author registration deadline. Special package registrations are permitted.
- The first named author has to be 35 years of age or younger on 8 April 2014.
- Each author can only submit one paper for the competition. A second paper may be submitted for the conferences, but only one paper can be considered for the competitions.
- The jury consists of the Conference Editors and a number of members of the Conference Editorial Board. The decision of the Conference Editors is final.
- If a winning author is resident in the United Kingdom, the prize will be paid by UK cheque. Otherwise the prize will be paid by international bank transfer.
- A certificate will be presented to each winner.
- The prizes are usually awarded during the opening session. Applicants for the prize must attend the opening session of the conference in order to receive their prize if they are selected.
- The winning author should submit an extended version of their paper for publication in the IJRT journal special issue after the conference.